5 Days / 4 Nights Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru Shared Safari
Places of Interest:
- Maasai Mara Game Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park
- What you are likely to see: The big five, flamingos, rare and unique wildlife species, and different bird species.
- Activities: Game viewing drives, photography, cultural visit, hot air balloon safari, watching birds
- Mode of transport: Shared safari minibus
- Accommodation: Camps on full board
Summary of Attractions:
Maasai Mara Game Reserve is an extension of the Serengeti National Reserve in Tanzania. It is not the largest park in Kenya, but probably the most famous. The entire area of the park is nestled within the enormous Great Rift Valley that extends from the Mediterranean Sea to South Africa. The terrain is primarily open grassland with clusters of acacia tree. Wildlife tends to be most concentrated in the western border in the Oloololo escarpment because the swampy ground means that access to water is always good and human disruption is usually minimal.
Lake Nakuru National Park: The Park lies in the Great Rift Valley and comprises of the lake, surrounded by mainly wooded and bushy grasslands. The park supports a wide ecological diversity with Flamingos (Greater and Lesser) and other water birds being the major attractions of the area. Other attractions include other water birds including a variety of terrestrial birds numbering about 450 species in total, white rhino, waterbuck, giraffe, buffalo and others. There are three spectacular view-points within the park which include lion hill, baboon cliff and Out of Africa, among some scenic hills which include Enasoit, Honeymoon and Lion hill ridge. The Makalia waterfall is also a major attraction within the park, located close to a public campsite. However, during the dry season, the falls produce very little water.
Day 1 Arrival: Nairobi – Maasai Mara Meet and greet at your preferred residence within Nairobi by our representative who will welcome you and brief you about your safari. After the briefing you will depart to Maasai Mara Game Reserve driving through beautifully farmed agricultural lands and the Great Rift Valley. You will also stop shortly at the escarpment view point for a photo. You will arrive at the Mara for lunch at the camp. Spend the evening within the park, which is also home to the colorfully decorated Maasai tribesmen. You may occasionally see them criss crossing the park as they go about their daily activities completely unbothered by the wild animals which roam in the bushes.
Lunch, dinner and breakfast at Manyatta Camp
Day 2: Maasai Mara
Spend 2 days within the Mara Reserve, home to the big five and numerous plains game. You will also visit the Mara River Ecosystem which is teeming with bird-life, hippo and crocodile, in the heart of Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve. It offers the best game and bird-viewing not only in Kenya, but anywhere in Africa. The views across the rolling golden grasslands studded with acacia trees, rivers and forests are dazzling, the sense of space overwhelming. You will explore the park and the vicinity, gently blending into the surrounding wilderness which remains in its virgin condition, while the landscaped gardens filled with indigenous trees at the back which draw a great variety of birds and butterflies.
Lunch, dinner and breakfast at Manyatta Camp
Day 3: Maasai Mara – Lake Nakuru National Park
After breakfast, depart from the park and be driven to Lake Nakuru with lunch en route. After lunch, you will proceed with afternoon game drives spending the rest of the afternoon within the park as you enjoy the park's natural scenery as you view wildlife and birds wading in the beautiful and shimmering lake. The park is home to rhino, giraffe, warthog, zebra, the elusive leopard, hyena and hundreds of fuchsia pink flamingos and birds.
lunch, dinner and breakfast at Chester Hotel
Day 4: Lake Nakuru National Park – Nairobi
Enjoy an early morning pre breakfast game drive within the park, giving you an opportunity to spot the early predators as they start off the day. You will also visit two of the best view points within the park; namely the lion hill cliff and the baboon cliff, which give you a spectacular view of the park from an aerial view. You will also enjoy a brisk walk at the shores of the lake giving you an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful sunrise.
Afterwards, you will check out of the park and be driven back to Nairobi arriving in the afternoon. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your preferred location within the city marking the end of your safari.
- All park entrance fees and game drives
- Full board accommodation as specified
- Airport transfers on your arrival day
- Christmas and new year's supplements
- Services of a professional English-speaking tour driver/guide and a professional safari chef
- Transport in a shared safari minibus with pop up roof for game viewing and photography
- Applicable government taxes and service charge
- Optional activities like boat rides, cultural visits, balloon safaris, walking safaris, e.t.c
- Extras during the safari i.e. beverages and drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- International or local flight fees and departure taxes
- Personal travel insurance including loss or damage of luggage
- Any other item not included in itinerary